Friday, August 6, 2010

NEW YOOAARK! Paloma Faith: Introduction

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well, maybe you don't know this woman, well...me too, her song became my favorite for the past week so I decided to introduce her to you.

Paloma Faith (born Paloma Faith Blomfield; 21 July 1985) is a British singer-songwriter and actress. In 2009, she released her debut single " Stone Cold Sober", then her debut album, Do You Want the Truth or Something Beautiful?, which was certified Platinum by the British Phonographic Industry. Her debut album stayed within the top 40 album charts for over 40 weeks. The album has spawned four singles: " Stone Cold Sober", "New York", title track "Do You Want the Truth or Something Beautiful?" and "Upside Down". Faith made her feature film debut in the 2007 remake of St Trinian's.

Faith began her debut tour, the Do You Want the Truth or Something Beautiful Tour , on 12 February 2010. In April 2010, Faith announced a new tour to begin in October.

She's a good Amy Winehouse alternative but since I don't listen to Amy, Paloma is my best jazz singer...PROOF?

Check out the spine-tingling single 'New York', one of the few songs that I'll definately never forget from this year. The song of course is jazz, but the choir, the music, and her mid-ranged voice are the ones that made me have goosebumps.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment